ABOUT ST. ANTHONY'S PRE-SCHOOL
St. Anthony’s Pre-school first opened in 1989 and is situated on Tamworth Road in Hove. The pre-school was founded by Lynne Butler, who still works everyday at St Anthony’s, now 27 years after opening the doors.
The Pre-school operates in St. Peter’s Church Hall and aims to provide not only high-quality childcare but also a safe environment for children to learn and play, including a vast selection of equipment and well-qualified staff (mothers themselves) who demonstrate patience and understanding to the children’s needs.
We aspire for all our children to become confident, secure, caring individuals who achieve personal success and develop a love of learning.
Our Mission Statement
- To provide a warm welcoming secure environment for all children,
- To encourage, value and extend every child’s contribution to the school,
- To recognise and celebrate success in everyone,
- To provide a broad, balanced, carefully planned curriculum,
- To build strong collaborative partnerships with families and the local community,
- To encourage and enable the continuous professional development of all staff.
The Aims, Values & Principles.
Our aims are:
- To provide a safe, happy and caring environment in which each child will have fun, grow in confidence and become more independent.
- To create a community in which each child is treated as an important individual. All children in the community will be given appropriate support to access the Early Years curriculum.
- To develop and widen their knowledge and experience by providing a range of appropriate experiences- as reflected in the framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage. (EYFS). The EYFS foundation consists of four themes:
A UNIQUE CHILD-every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident & self-assured.
POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS-children learn to be strong & independent from a base of loving & secure relationships with parents and/or a key person.
ENABLING ENVIRONMENTS-The environment plays a key role in supporting & extending children’s development & learning.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT.-children develop & learn in different ways & at different rates, & all areas of learning & Development are equally important & inter-connected.
At St Anthony’s this means making sure that the very best practice is continued for each individual child.
- To ensure that we meet the national standards for childcare as regulated by Ofsted.
- To provide an atmosphere of trust and understanding in which the children can enjoy a sense of security and gain self-discipline.
- To plan an appropriate curriculum that has regard to the EYFS framework and which provides opportunities for children to learn in meaningful context and through first hand experience.
- To help children learn that courtesy, good manners and a consideration for others are essential qualities.
- To help children develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and think rationally, to develop the ability to apply themselves to tasks and gain physical skills.
- To work with parents to help children fulfil their potential. At St Anthony’s, we value the part that parents and carers can play and we welcome the support and involvement that they can give through sharing information, skills and talents, helping on the Parent Rota, ideas, suggestions and their involvement in our themes.
For More Details Call Now
St. Peter's Church Hall Tamworth Road Hove, BN3 5FJ